NEWS: EAPM Travel Award Winners 2017
Congratulations!Anne van Gils, The Netherlands
Simone Heinsvig Poulsen, Denmark
Simone Mölbert, Germany
Daniel Goldstone, Belgium
Meike Shedden-Mora, Germany
Miriam Katharina Depping, Germany
Ciucă Andrada, Romania
Isolde Martina Busch, Italy
Petre Petre, Romania
Hada Manjoch, Israel
Life time EAPM awardees 2017 and lectures
EAPM Barcelona 2017:Alison Creed Award: Prof. Per Fink, Aarhus, Denmark
Award lecture Prof. Fink: How to treat Bodily distress Syndrome / functional somatic syndromes. Results from a highly specialised university clinic.
Auditorium Fri 30 June 10.00
Frits Huyse Award: Prof. Graça Cardoso, Lisbon, Portugal
Award lecture Prof. Cardoso: Consultation-liaison psychiatry in Portugal: lessons from the past, challenges for the future.
Auditorium Fri 30 June 18.00
The EAPM offers five travel awards to younger researchers.
The award includes:
he award will be presented to younger researchers who submit an abstract to the conference.Eligibility
- An award including the amount of EUR 300.
- A year of EAPM membership.
- Registration fee to the EAPM2017 conference.
In order to be eligible for the award, the applicant should:
- Be a young researcher, not older than 40 years of age.
- Submit an abstract to the EAPM conference.
The applicant should submit an abstract to the EAPM conference and send an email to the EAPM conference administration, with the following content:
The award is given depending on the quality of the abstract. A review board will select.
- A motivational letter on why they would like to attend the conference.
- A brief curriculum vitae (not more than one page).
- A copy or reference number of the abstract submitted to the conference.
Abstracts will be judged on the basis of scientific soundness, clinical relevance and originality.
EAPM Life Time Awards 2017
Frits Huyse Award
The European Association of Psychosomatic Medicine's Frits Huyse Award for outstanding contribution to the development of consultation-liaison psychiatry and integrated care.
Awarded to: Prof. Graça Cardoso, Lisbon
Alison Creed Award
The Award in memory of Alison Creed for life time achievement in the field of Psychosomatic Medicine/ Consultation Liaison Psychiatry.
Awarded to: Prof. Per Fink, Aarhus
Elsevier Young Investigator Award
The EAPM young investigator award, sponsored by Elsevier.Under the auspices of the European Association of Psychosomatic Medicine (EAPM), Elsevier has established a scientific award for young investigators in field of psychosomatic medicine, consultation-liaison psychiatry and integrated care
AwardAn award to the amount of €1,000.00 will be presented at the annual conference of the EAPM. The forthcoming conference will be from 28 June to 1 July in Barcelona, Spain. The awardee is expected make a short presentation of his work at the conference. Travel cost and registration are being paid for by the EAPM.EligibilityIn order to be eligible for the award, the applicant should:
Application procedureThe applicant should send an email to the editorial office of the Journal of Psychosomatic Research, with the following content:
- be a young investigator, no more than 7 years beyond completion of training or highest degree.
- have an original manuscript of a study in the field of psychosomatic medicine, consultation-liaison psychiatry or integrated care accepted by or submitted to the Journal of Psychosomatic Research between 1 May 2016 and 1 May 2017 of which the applicant is the principal investigator and/or first author.
Eligible manuscripts will be reviewed by the jury, consisting of the Editors-in-Chief of the Journal and a representative of the Executive Board of the EAPM.
- A cover letter from the candidate stating his/her interest in the competition.
- A brief curriculum vitae (not more than one page)
- a copy or reference number of the manuscript submitted or accepted for publication from 1 May 2016 and 1 May 2017.
Criteriaapart from regular peer review, manuscripts will be judged on the basis of scientific soundness, clinical relevance and originality.